The Clerk’s Office is at the centre of Town Council’s activities. It provides clerical services to Council as well as the administrative support necessary for holding and following up the various meetings of elected officials.
In addition, the Clerk’s Office:
- Looks after the planning, organization, coordination and management of all the resources and activities related to the Town clerk, communications, customer service and the archives;
- Is responsible for preparing, drafting and translating by-laws, resolutions, public notices and minutes of meeting required by law and for obtaining the approvals required by law;
- Is responsible for conducting the consultation and referendum process with the persons concerned. The clerk also acts as the returning officer for general elections and by-elections;
- Ensures the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information is applied;
- Oversees management of property and liability insurance claims and is responsible for the procedures for auctioning property due to non-payment of taxes.
Lastly, under the Cities and Towns Act, the clerk is also responsible for the Town’s archives. As such, she ensures the safekeeping of documents and all official records such as the by-law books, minutes of meeting and books of account. In other words, she is responsible for records management.
Services and information
For information about our services, please contact us.
Town of Mount Royal – Public Affairs and Clerk
90 Roosevelt Ave. – H3R 1Z5
Tel.: 514 734-2988
Fax: 514 734-3092